Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cambodian in Cleveland

No, not a joke.

We had Cambodian food for dinner - at Phnom Penh in the Ohio City district of Cleveland. This was our first foray into this cuisine and it was good...spicy hot and plentiful. (Sorry no camera at dinner. )

We started with a Rice Paper Roll for me which came with a very tart thin peanut sauce. DH had Fish cakes (Brorhet Trey Jim) which came with a hot red sauce. Both were yummy. Then for entrees I had Taprom with shrimp - a sweet and sour dish but imho not sweet nor very sour. Still it was good with lots of the standard veggies over rice. DH had Mee Khmer, rice noodles with the chicken, beef, shrimp combo. He ordered his very hot and that it was. Very tasty too when I took small bit of noodles. We both had hot french coffee with condensed milk. The sweet balanced a good bit of the heat.

Did I mention it was 35 degrees in Cleveland? That's farenheit and Lake Eire is still frozen. I bet the people here are really sick of winter. Seeing the piles of snow in heaps was interesting to me, but not for someone who has seen its likes since probably late October.

Moon over Cleveland
Full moon tonight also...crisp and cold. I wonder how cold it will get?!?!??

No comments: