Thursday, March 27, 2008

Get to the Point

Well, the point of this whole trip was The Opera. But before the opera we had to do some more book buying - if we could. We ran into the city issue of minimal parking when we tried to hit a couple of stores on Saturday. We hoped Monday would be better with people back at work, tho Easter Monday is often an extension of the holiday. No we weren't looking for mysteries in Lincoln Park.

A mystery to me

However the store that claimed on their answering machine to be open EVERY day was closed. I think we may cross that one off our list for future visits.

You know it's Chicago when you see this...
Wrigley Field

We headed north to Andersonville, and that was a delightful area to explore.
Andersonville Chicago
Scandinavian shops, Persian shops and both a good bookstore Women and Children First and some enticing restaurants.

I had to get this one for my granddaughter. You know how much fun it is to say this kind of thing at age 5.



There were several good looking options when the lunch pangs hit but we headed to A Taste of Heaven since it had that sense of ambiance that oozes out onto the sidewalk. Worth it??? Oh my yes.

Greek Salad
Greek Salad

Meatloaf Sandwich
Meatloaf

Raspberry Tart (shortbread base)
Raspberry Tart

Peppermint Ice Cream
Peppermint Ice Cream

And we got a raspberry crumble bar for the road (the next day road tho I could have eaten it right then!)

Back downtown to nap a bit and do some packing. Then eat up some of our goodies from the supermarket blitz we had with Peppi and off to the Opera. Eugene Onegin, with balcony seats this time. As I was in dead center with no one in the seat in front of me, I had a perfect line of sight. The Chicago Lyric has comfortable seats and a good audience. All in all a fine night, and the opera lover seemed content.

1 comment:

Dawn Alice Rogers said...

Oh, that salad is making my mouth water!! Looks delicious!