Monday, March 24, 2008

Quiet Easter

Easter Sunday was fairly quiet after the full meal of the previous night. We mostly lazed around and read, did computer work and fun and then walked about on Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent Mile.

Some store were open but we passed on any shopping tho there were certainly a lot of folks hitting sales it seemed. The weather was gorgeous and it was good to be out in the crisp cold but sunny air. And since we didn't even need lunch...we just strolled.

Down at the Tribune bldg, we stopped to see the Vote4Me! exhibit at the McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum. We both enjoyed the interactive bits, and I was glad to see that my education and government work left me pretty knowledgeable about our personal rights.

When we hit Wacker Drive and the Chicago River, it was time to turn around and head back north. We stopped for a to die for hot chocolate at Ethel's Chocolate Lounge. One cup was good enough and rich enough for both of us. It really hit the spot. Back to walking and some more Sunday lazing.

We had heard from a local about a steak place that is not one 'to see and be seen' but then who in Chicago has been waiting to see us!??!? However, dh read some bad reviews and I had my doubts. But we had a great meal at Select Cut and it was everything our friend said. No camera but just in case you wonder, dh had a great burger, I had a 14oz NY strip which came just as rare as I like, and we shared a caramel cheesecake.

Happily, only sleep was next for a good Easter Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quiet holidays are good too :)

Pardon the late reply: thanks for the comment about the bunny Maureen :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Thanks for taking us all along on the trip with you. I particularly enjoyed the Chicago snow. Its been a long time since I have seen either Chicago or snow - both things I like a lot.

Happy travels

Maureen Reynolds said...

I thought that many of you who are just getting over a hot, hot summer would enjoy the snow. ;-)