Monday, March 24, 2008

Saturday at The Jolly Inn


Easter Eggs
Originally uploaded by redazadi

This basket was at the start of the high carb buffet at The Jolly Inn. Peppi and her dad Augie took us here and thank you both for a special meal and for treating us!! Can you believe we didn't get a picture of the four of us?? Any of us??? Shame on me.

But get a plate and we'll start...

Here is part of the buffet. There were two sides and I only too pictures of part of the hot side.
Buffet

Buffet

DH and I started with soup to test out the borscht. He had white.borscht which was pretty good I thought.
White Borscht

I had the red borscht, which I didn't care for - kidney beans in it might be Polish but it wasn't to my taste.
Red Borscht

I only took pictures of MY plates, as not to embarrass the other diners. ;-) I had more than enough. Plate 1 and Plate 2 and then the final plate of desserts. You note that I say final, not Plate 3. I was already in carbo heaven. And yes, you are seeing correctly; most all the food was white or tan. I also had some pickled herrings which were silver of course, but almost nothing was green.

Plate 1

Plate 2

Final plate - dessert

I really wished I could have eaten more blintzes but I didn't. ;-(

Easter Lamb
Pretty isn't it?

So with full bellies, we shared goodbyes and hugs, and left the Jolly Inn. It's certainly one to keep in mind for a future - just not too soon!!!

No comments: