Friday, April 10, 2009

Sunday at the Palace

We both loved Kensington Gardens for a walkabout so when Sunday morning dawned, I said pastries at Pauls and then we trot the calories off (I only wish) by taking ourselves up to Kensington Palace. Paul's is always crowded and dh started muttering about no seats, but I can shift myself into a seat before the last person on it is standing upright! It wasn't really early but it was overcast as we walked there. Here's one of those lovely old brick buildings where I can 'see' myself living in a flat. Dreaming I'm living in that flat...
lovely flats
We arrived at Paul's, it was crowded, we stood in line and debated this or that, I snagged two seats, and dh did the ordering. It all worked out tho I know he really wanted a more substantial, but less carb ridden, breakfast. Too bad, this was my choice and if I got to hell in a handbasket it will be happily. His food, then my food, and then more for me! And oh that berry tart was luscious.
his breakfast my breakfast more mine!

Just look at all these goodies I didn't eat. I was tempted to try a macaroon but made the better choice by passing ...I think. Plus I don't really like meringue so it wasn't too hard to pass up.
Paul's Gloucester Rd

Up Gloucester Road we walked, & the sky went from gorgeous to ominous all within a few minutes.
needing powerwash ornate

Shops to look at but no buying on a Sunday a.m. Signs to note.
karma ubiquitous sign
at the shops knarley

Once we arrived at Kensington Park, we enjoyed these signs AND the facilities.
caught short?
Women and twins? ;-)
women and twins


At this break, we'll take a break and be back with more and we really are coming to an end with this trip. Truly!

No comments: