Friday, April 10, 2009

We Go to Chelsea

The vacillation in the weather was no surprise to us by now, but boy when the gorgeous days came, we relished them. I had wanted to go to Del Aziz and while they did have breakfast, neither of us wanted to rush any more than we ever had to. As dh said...this is a vacation. There are no musts, or gottas. So we managed a late breakfast/early lunch.

Chelsea wasn't that far by bus, tho we weren't sure of the final route of the bus we hopped on. Getting off when I saw a road I wanted led to a serendipitous find for my grandson. He and I are both Liverpool supporters but...hey, football icons are worth noting.

Chelsea FC

sold out

Oh well, with prices of tickets as high as they are today, it was just as well that the only game we could have seen was sold out. On to food. DH had this concoction that could have been called every bit of meat including the kitchen sink. He loved it.

his lunch

I went with this salad that had the Israeli couscous and yummy it was. Darn, that picture is making me hungry now!
her lumch

Back to the heart of Chelsea to meet up with some people, and a good day it was. Finally it was time for dinner, and that was one of the great things about our location. We had most every nationality of food to choose from. The choosing was the hardest part. That night it was Thai with soup first

his soup

His dinner
his dinner

and hers.
her dinner

Finally, a short walk back to the hotel in a gorgeous London night.

nitey night London

Oh Yes, there was dessert - two items we bought at Del Aziz earlier in the day. The cake was his despite me and my fork. The apricot tart was mine....oh heaven.
dessert

dessert

(If you're wondering, yes, I do bring a good set of cutlery with us...and a sharp knife, and usually a can-opener. I prepare for food - don't you???)

No comments: