Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 2 Milan LaScala

Still raining, and raining hard, we metro'd to the Duomo and walked the short distance to LaScala.



First was a stop in the gift shop where someone got a Carmen mug as his souvenir. Why not, I said, knowing I was not going to be the one to have to pack it! Then we got in line in the lovely gold and white lobby and found our seats. There are a lot of ushers wearing large medallions but they seemed to be milling about with librettos/histories whatever, and no use whatsoever in finding our seats.



Fortunately, that was a easy matter. One letter, and one number.



The house is gorgeous and even I could see how the size and shape would make for great acoustics.


My arms aren't quite long enough to get us at better angles, but I suppose this is about as good as we can look.  We made it and that's what counts.  "Carmen" at LaScala...it doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: