Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back in London, and post Saatchi

It was truly tempting to take another trip outside London...Stonehenge...or even go back to Oxford, since the prior day HAD been forecast to be sunny. Oh well. However, there is so so much to see in London itself, we realized that we really just wanted a bit of a quiet city day.

Our day at the Saatchi was blogged over on my regular blog, and here's that post at Cooking My Life. There is only so much I can blog when I am sharing a laptop with dh so not too much of the trip was posted over there. Just some things to say hello to friends and let them know what's was going on.

After this gallery visit, we had a bit to eat in a little cafe just off the Kings Road, and then dh decided it was a nap afternoon for him, and I decided to take a bus down the Kings Road thru Chelsea to Fulham. No shopping for me, which is truly a sign of my age, and realization that I need so so little, if anything. Eye candy is fun to look at but the temptation is mostly gone. Now food shops are another story.

Some of the sights.
Chelsea to Fulham

Chelsea to Fulham

Chelsea to Fulham

Finally down in Fulham I wanted to see the market, and find a specific restaurant. The market had a lot of clothes etc in addition to food, but then again it was getting late in the day and a lot of the food was gone.
Chelsea to Fulham

Chelsea to Fulham

Chelsea and Fulham

Chelsea and Fulham

Chelsea and Fulham

Cod flaps? are these cod cheeks?
Chelsea to Fulham

Chelsea to Fulham

Finally after a walk back and a lot of walking round Fulham, I find the restaurant I was looking for - Del Aziz. This WILL be a return trip.

Del Azia Fulham

Near the tube stop, I saw this sad reminder of what was happening on the other side of the world.
Chelsea to Fulham


A full day all around and we had tickets for the National Theater that night too for Mrs. Affleck. 10 pound tickets cannot be beat, and we both love the small theaters. Yes, a darn good day.

No comments: