Wednesday, March 4, 2009

On to Canterbury Castle

We just continued round the northern edge of the Dane John, and there was dh's first castle. (Yes, to other readers in the EU, we did see castles in Spain but somehow a castle in England is special!)

It really became dark and chilly as we explored this site.

Canterbury Castle

a very chilly day

impressive ruins

pondering the past

brrrrr!!

Just outside the castle on Gas Street, the site of the old gasworks, we saw this home - obviously the home of a collector. btw, I love house with small #s like this 3. I hope never to live in a house with more than two digits. Is that weird???

Outside Canterbuy Castle

Quite a collection

A bit more of a brisk walk to stay warm, and on down a street filled with estate agents showing many many more house to let rather than for sale. Same as the US. :-( But there was this one pop of color... not a color I'd wear but it gave me a smile. I should have changed the angle of the shot so I would be in that dress... And look at that hat!

so pretty on a rainy day

Suddenly, it seemed like it was time to seriously think about food!!

No comments: