Saturday, March 15, 2008

Suitcase Time Again

Eeeek!! I can't believe I am getting ready to pack the suitcases again. However, I was given the advice by a wise monk to travel more. He said I relax when I do that. I wonder...However, dh and I have agreed that if opportunity arises, we will go...wherever.

We missed the worst of winter here in MD during our trip to Spain and Portugal. It got my system a little bit discombobulated to come back and be all set to go 'into the cave' for the winter only to find that winter was really virtually over. Then came daylight savings and one of the earliest Easters ever. It isn't that I love the cold, tho I do like 30 and 40ish days (Fahrenheit i.e.!) but it's that I like making the heavy stews, and the smells of something simmering all day. The fireplaces lit and the time to reflect in the short dark days. I didn't like the intensity of the 90 days of RUSH in the winter that my former job entailed these past years. It may have been reasonable when our elected officials were farmers and had free time in the dark days, but I wanted to honor the seasons with complimentary emotional seasons. Some of this definitely came when I entered my 60s also. Oh well, I did have some quiet time in January this year, at least I think I did. It seemed short tho. This is a first world, upscale griping I'm doing and I know it. Still so whiney, aren't I?!?!?

In any case, the suitcases will be packed and the cat sitter will arrive and we will Get in the Car! and I'll bet there will still be some winter left in the Windy City! More later.

No comments: