Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting to Going

Somehow the going never gets easier, or so it seems in that last day or so.

There is always the wonder, did I forget something important - either to do or to take. Both of us are pretty good at cross checking the other but it's when we start doing it that the tension gets higher. I was reminded today that this trip is not much different in overall issues than last December when we did three countries in 9 days - 3 languages, 3 currencies and 3 sets of public transportation to master on the spot. I only had one moment when my brain circuits were overloaded and I had no idea of which tram to take back to the hotel, nor a clue as to what direction it might be. Without dh I might still be wandering in Budapest...a version of Maureen on the MTA??

But this trip takes us thru Charles de Gaulle with a connection time I wish were a little longer. Once we hit Madrid, we DO get in the car, and that is a new adventure for this trip - driving in Europe. Even before our marriage, we realized we were both city people, and are good at and enjoy public transportation. But with international driver's licenses in hand, we will be brave.

No comments: